What makes my tummy stop rumbling you ask? See below!
Playground Granola Bars
*I found them rather sweet. The next time I make these I plan on cutting some of the sugar.
2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup wheat germ
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup raisins (optional)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup honey
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Prep 15 minutes. Cook 35 minutes. Ready In 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, raisins and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Mini Muffins
1 medium ripe banana, peeled
1 large egg
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste (I used a pinch that was probably about 1/8 tsp)
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. Add the banana, egg, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt to your blender jar. Blend until a smooth puree.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the mini chocolate chips for topping the muffins.
4. Pour tablespoonfuls of the batter into the mini-muffin tin. You should be able to fill all 24 of the muffin cavities with batter. Now sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes, or until the muffins are brown around the edges and if you stick the middle of a muffin with a toothpick, no crumbs cling to the toothpick.
Makes 24 mini-muffins